The carbon fiber Lifecap is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing that I have seen all day, maybe all week, yet somehow I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame. It is an over-engineered tube designed for keeping things dry, I shouldn’t want it, yet somehow I do. I blame the carbon fiber, personally.
- 100% Carbon fiber body (2/2 twill)
- Waterproof to depths exceeding 30 feet
- Double o-ring seal for superior reliabilty
- CNC Machined from 6061-T6 aluminum bar stock
- Blunt-start ACME threads for maximum durability
- Hard coat anodized to MIL-STD-8625 Type III
Seriously though, unless you are Bear Grylls, or typically find yourself jumping out of helicopters into bodies of water, you are probably better off not spending $135 on a carbon fiber tube.