You know what sucks? USB adapters that run off car cigarette lighters that don’t pump out enough juice to charge the things that you need to charge. If you have never made the mistake, good for you – I have and it sucks… almost as much as gadgets that won’t accept 3rd party chargers. The over9000 Compact 2.1 Amp USB Car Power Adapter kills two birds with one stone.
As the specifications show, there is a lot to like about it: the 3-amp spike for powering up dead iPad batteries, the data-line spoofing chip and the power line monitoring system are all very nice, but what I like most is that it is 2.1 amps. If you have ever plugged your phone into a car adapter and found it charging painfully slowly (or with a particularly power-hungry phone, draining less quickly), it is because you have an underpowered adapter. This one pumps out enough to charge anything that can be charged via a USB cable.
- Charge any mobile device in your car with this adapter
- Works with your own USB cable
- Ultra low profile design with easy pull handle
- Built in smart chip spoofs a data line connection for devices that do not allow 3rd party chargers
- Smart Chip monitors both the charger and connected device for safe charging
- Front power switch with blue LED
- DC input: 12v
- DC output: 5v @ 2.1 amps – can temporarily spike to 3.0 amps
- Compatibility: Standard size USB port for charging smartphones (iPhone & Android!), tablets, mobile phones, cameras, mp3 players, and various other USB chargeable devices